Does Savory take reservations?
We DO NOT accept reservations.
Please feel free to drop in or call after we have opened. If we have a table available we will take your name and number; and hold it for you for 15 minutes.
If we have started a wait list (which only begins after we are seated to our capacity) we will quote you an approximate wait time. If the wait time works for you then we will take your name and number and call you when the table is available (and will hold it for 15 minutes from the time we call you).
Is Savory open for Lunch?
Nope - Dinner Only Tuesday-Saturday. If the lights are on and the doors are unlocked during the day it's because we are cooking and prepping for Dinner service.
Can Savory accommodate larger parties?
Due to our very small size - both dining room and especially kitchen - Savory can only seat a group of up to six (6) guests. As we only have a couple of tables that can be arranged to seat 5-6 guests seating is extremely limited for these size groups.
IF a larger group wants to dine at Savory our only option is to split up the group at separate tables (and they may be seated at different times pending availability) - and each table for the group will be served as an individual table. We will not attempt to coordinate service for the separate tables.
How late does Savory serve?
We are open until 9:00pm however we ask that the last order be entered to the kitchen no later than 8:30pm.
Kids are welcome at Savory. We do not have a specific "kids" menu though for guests 12 and under we do offer Buttered Noodles with a Side of grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
We DO NOT have high chairs or booster seats.
Savory has a Wine & Beer license - and DOES NOT serve Spirits/"Hard" Alcohol. Our Wine, Beer & Cider program is focused on producers from the Pacific Northwest (with the exception of dessert wines).
We also serve press pot coffee & tea (black, green & herbal) as well as a selection of non-alcoholic options.
Allergies? Dietary Restrictions?
We always strive to accommodate dietary restrictions & allergies however due to the VERY small nature of our kitchen and preparation area we can not guarantee there will be no cross-contamination of ingredients.
About 1/3 of our menu is either already gluten-free or with an adjustment in the kitchen can accommodate gluten-free requests.
We have very limited menu options for those guests who have dietary concerns with allium (garlic, onion, shallot, leek, etc); for those guests who do not consume black pepper or red pepper flake; and for those guests who follow a Vegan diet.
Vegetarian items may contain eggs & dairy.
Substitute gluten free crackers upon request.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
Certified Service Dogs are welcome at Savory; and well-behaved & socialized dogs may be seated on our deck pending weather & availability.
Catering? Private Events?
Savory no longer does offsite Catering due to limitations of staffing, space & equipment.
Savory - on occasion - will host Private Events with the following perimeters:
1) Savory will host no more that one (1) Private Event per month.
2) The Maximum Number of Guests we will accommodate is 20. (Two tables of 10 guests each).
3) A Food & Beverage (F&B) Minimum will be required that matches the average Daily Revenue Savory generates based on the time of year of the event. Savory will provide a F&B quote when a date is provided by the guest.
If the F&B Minimum is not met then a Facility Fee equal to the difference will be added to the final bill.
At the time of booking the event a 50% F&B Deposit (based on the quoted F&B Minimum) will be required. The Deposit is 100% refundable up to 7 days prior to the event. If the guests cancel the event with less than 7 days notice a refund is at the discretion of Savory.
All F&B charges, Facility Fee (if applicable), 20% Service Charge & Sales Tax will be due at the conclusion of the event less any/all Deposit(s) already received.
4) All Parties are booked for a maximum period of three (3) hours. Any overtime must be agreed upon in advance between the guests & Savory - and may incur additional charges.
5) The menu & wine selection must be finalized at least two (2) weeks prior to the event to allow time for deliveries. If less time is given adjustments may have to be made based on availability of product to Whidbey Island.
Menus Selections will be based on Savory's Dinner Menu (or previous menus pending availability of product).
6) Savory does not have space to accommodate musicians/bands or additional entertainment.
7) Use of Savory's deck & the Side Dish are based on the weather however, note that for all Private Events the guest is booking the entire facility - and there will be no public dining guests during the event.